High-Tailing It For Hayden


THE STORY~
My 11-month-old nephew, Hayden (son of my sister Molly and brother-in-law John, and brother of Layne) was born with a couple heart conditions. At the beginning of August, he was airlifted to U of M Children’s Hospital in Ann Arbor, where he underwent open-heart surgery to repair the faulty valve in his heart. Molly and John have been down there with him since the beginning of August. Shortly after the surgery, they learned that the surgery to repair the valve, did not work as anticipated, and therefore, he will underwent another open-heart surgery to replace the valve. Hence, an even longer stay in the hospital….but he is on the road to recovery!

MY CHALLENGE~
I am going to commit to running The Great Turtle Half Marathon on Saturday, October 25 on Mackinac Island – all (gulp) 13.1 miles of it! BUT, I am not just running to run, I am running it to raise funds for the Snyder family. Funds will be used to help Molly and John and to enable them to stay down there by Hayden’s side, which is where they need to be. They are not able to work down there, yet they still have bills back home and day-to-day living expenses, not to mention the medical bills that will soon be coming in.

YOUR CHALLENGE~
Support Hayden and his family by sponsoring me for the half marathon, or better yet — join me and run with me for Hayden! Every dollar raised will be given to the Snyder family and put to good use!

IDEAS OF WAYS TO PARTICIPATE ~
  • Make a one-time donation now because you KNOW I’ll finish the run!
  • Sponsor me X amount for each training mile I log. (ex. $1 per training mile x 100 miles = $100)
  • THINK BIG! Anyone want to be a matching donor for every dollar raised?
  • Commit to making a donation with every paycheck you receive.
  • Challenge me and put an amount on it! Can I beat my previous half marathon PR? Can I run all 13.1 miles without walking? Go ahead and make a challenge — I dare you! Actually, I DOUBLE DOG DARE YOU!
  • Anyone want to set a goal of how much we can raise together to help the Snyder’s?

PRAYER REQUESTS ~
  • Continued healing for Hayden – both long and short term
  • Wisdom and steady hands for the doctors and nurses caring for Hayden
  • Emotional, physical and spiritual strength for the Snyder family as they are daily exhausted in many ways
  • Molly and John as they learn to care for Hayden and prepare to take him home
  • Layne as he is not with his Mom, Dad and little brother

HOW CAN YOU DONATE?
  • Online ~ Donate though PayPal –it’s 100% safe and secure! Click the button at the top of this page!
  • If you make a challenge, I’ll invoice you after I CONQUER IT!!! (Because I know I will!)
*Donations are not tax-deductible.

Keep checking back often for updates, see how my training is going, and other new happenings! We may even have a giveaway or two!

Time to hit the training trail – hope to see you out there!

Love,
Aunt Sara

No comments: